Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Some days are harder than others.
These past few weeks have been more difficult than most since we moved to Burley.

It is hard to not have any one around our age.
It is hard to just have a little bit of family around and not a lot.

Being able to be with all of my siblings and parents in Alaska was such an amazing experience!
I have such an amazing family.
I have been so blessed.

We played a lot.
We read a lot.
We laughed a lot.
We ate, A LOT.
And we just had fun. A lot of fun.

On the last night I was there, I was missing Cody.
Every one was gone doing things with friends.
None of my good friends live in Alaska anymore.
It was a hard night.
I felt like I was alone.
Josh was at home and was just playing on his computer.
Right when he saw me he said let's go do something.
Lets go play.
And we did.
It wasn't anything special.
Big or grand.
But it was just right.
It was perfect.

Cody has been so amazing with this pregnancy.
For us it is a lot different because it is our first.
Last night I was having a hard time.
Both my sister's are having babies, Jess is due in November.
And my sister in law is due right around the same time that I am.
We were talking last night and I told Cody that I didn't feel like our baby would be special at all to anyone because of how many babies there were.
He hasn't really expressed excitement for her too much,
I just don't think that its hit him that it is real yet.
But he is amazing.
After our conversation last night I know that he is excited.
And that it doesn't matter if no one else to share our excitement because I now know that he is really looking forward to having her as part of our family.
He makes things better.
Always does.
It doesn't matter if no one else notices us.
Because he will notice. And he will always be there.
I couldn't ask for more.

Half way there in 3 days!

1 comment:

  1. i totally know what you mean. I have the same feeling that no one will think my baby is special but just yesterday my mom was saying how sad she is that she won't be around to love and hold our baby and that helped me a lot. I'm sure your parents feel the same way :)

    ReplyDelete